Monday, August 2, 2010
Doctor Visit
We took Jonah to the doctor today. He has been having problems while eating and has been spitting up very large amounts between feedings. After a week of talking with the doctor's office, they finally decided they would like to see him and make sure nothing serious was wrong. The final conclusion is that he is just getting too much milk and has reflux issues. He is now on Zantac and we are modifying the amount of milk he gets at every feeding. At the appointment he was just about 10 pounds. The doctor laughed at how fast he is growing and said he is clearly getting enough milk. I am thankful we were able to get him to the doctor and have a plan to help him feel a little better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Jonah - I'm praying that you feel good real soon! I love you! Tante Janet
ReplyDeleteI've been enjoying reading all of your updates! I'm so thrilled to see all the adorable pictures...I LOVED having a girl first, followed by a boy...and by the looks of it, they will be best friends in no time :) Emma appears to be taking to Jonah so well! On a different note, Natalie had a lot of spitting up/reflux when she was a tiny baby...and she also had acid reflux...zantac didn't help her much and we had to have a specially formulated (for her size) version of prilosec made. I also learned to nurse her only on one side per feeding...letting her nurse as long as she wanted--just on one side, and it regulated my milk in a way that helped her drink less at each feeding (but get plenty of nourishment). Sounds like you may already have figured this out...but just in case :) Anyway...love to all four of you!!
ReplyDeleteKristen